Saturday 24 January 2015

Album Hall #2

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm building (slowly but steadily) a CD collection and I have accumulated a good few albums over the last month or so.

ÁSGEIR: In The Silence
I received this for christmas, back in December and I'm pleased I did because it's a stunning album. I'm mostly only buying albums that I already love just because I think that's a good place to start. Anyway, the album is pretty good yet what Àsgeir lacks is versatility within his music. All in all though, a good album to listen to in the background.



CHILDISH GAMBINO: Because The Internet
This one I bought a week ago. I haven't listened to the whole album yet but I have listened to a few tracks such as 3005, Crawl, Oakland and a couple others and enjoyed them. Childish Gambino a.k.a. Donald Glover (from the TV show Community) is not only a singer but a rapper. His songs tell a story and are at times comical, Glover has a true solid voice throughout the songs I've listened to thus far, which makes me believe his authenticity.




BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB: So Long, See You Tomorrow
I. Am. Obsessed. With this album. I love every single track on this record as each brings me back to the summer of '13 when I discovered it. This album is one I can see my self going back to in years to come. Highly recommend.



CLOUD CONTROL: Dream Cave
Another album that I have a lot of love for. Again, I love each track and I haven't found myself getting sick of any of the songs and I've listened to it for a year or so consistently. I was reading an interview a couple of months back and discovered that Cloud Control actually recorded each song in a cave, which isn't hard to believe as each song has a lovely mystic sound to it with beautiful reverb (which I assume is accredited to the acoustics in the cave).



ANGUS AMD JULIA STONE: Self-titled
I've actually written a review on this album so if you want to find out more about it you can read it here. But again I love this album, it brings me back memories of summer also because of the laid-back vibes of each track particularly towards the front end of the album.



I have also stolen (I use that word loosely) three albums from my parents collection and those are Beyoncé's B'Day album (my favourite of hers), The Smiths - Best...1 and The Cranberries - No Need To Argue.

No comments:

Post a Comment